Life with any toddler is hectic. Add hyperactive + boy and imagine the result. I have to keep keen eye on my 18 months old son 24/7 or else something drastic happens. Take the very moment for example while I am writing this. I can hear him in the kitchen. He has probably taken the hand beater or a spoon out of the drawer and now he is banging it on the stove.
Evidently, toddlers do not understand that mothers have a life in which we have to cook, clean the house, do laundry, dishes and that they have other siblings too who need attention. And then there are more pressing matters like taking a bath and going to the washroom. Spend one more minute in the washroom, only to return to a tornado spread across the house. Lose them from your sight for two minutes only to discover:
- The kid in the bathroom dripping from head to toe.
- The kids has somehow opened the flour container and is covered with flour.
- Petroleum jelly, shampoo and lotion disasters.
- The kids has locked himself in a room or bathroom.(my worst nightmare).
- Find what you were about to eat in the dustbin.
- Someone left the front door open, now the kid is out and you are searching in ten possible directions to find him.
- Messages and phone calls have been send to different people in your phone contacts, facebook and twitter.
- that your precious MAC eyeshades and lipsticks are now history.
- The dustbin is upside down, substituted for a stool to reach sinks and countertops.
- Your sewing kit is flushed in the bathroom.
- Spilled milk on the carpet.
- The wall is covered with doodles.
- All the stuff in the cupboard is out on the floor, that you just organized.
For all the trouble you went through with your toddler, you can only be angry with him for a few minutes. You will be hugging him with fondness, few moments later. That is what motherhood is all about isn't it?